Shingle roofing is still, by far, the most popular used roofing material in the South East. We typically install 2 different types of shingles: 25 year 3 tab shingles; 30 year architect shingles. We recommend one brand, but will install any particular product you want. The shingles are rated for there warranty (25 yr. and 30 yr). But there are also designer shingles types that offer 50 year warranty, but typically cost twice as much, ask their pricing. All of these shingles may offer different types manufacture’s warranty but the offer the same Weather Shield Workmanship warranty!
You call or schedule your estimate online, and we’ll come out and measure your roof and count all materials you’ll need to replace, and then the choice is yours on type, colors, and options. You can see those in detail below.
Step 1: Select the type of shingle
Below are some examples of the colors we offer. This is recommended brand and colors offered by them. We can install any type or brand asphalt shingle you may request, including designer asphalt shingles types and styles. Some colors are only offered in 25yr. 3-tab (ELITE GLASS-SEAL) and some only offered in 30yr. Architectural (HERITAGE).
25 year 3-tab Colors
30 year Architectural Colors
Step 2: Select Color of shingle
25 YR 3 TAB Shingles
- Offers 25 year warranty
- Basic grade shingles
- Low Cost grade product
- Various colors
- $65 per SQ average (varies) *
*Call and check for most up to date pricing
30 YR Architectural Shingles
- Longer lasting of the two conventional shingle types offered
- Premium look adding depth, dimension, and CURB APPEAL.
- More colors offered
- 2 Shingles are laminated together for added durability.
- $75 per SQ average (varies) *
Step 3 Options
- a. Metal Ridge Vent – Cheapest option used on 3tab roofs more
- b. Shingle over ridge vent – Recommended Premium option, cost slightly more, recommended with 30yr arch shingle roof because longer lasting
- c. No vent at ridge – Existing condition and other ventilation suffices
- a. Laced shingle valley – Oldest option, requires metal or Ice and Water shield for warranty
- b. California cut valleys – New cleaner look, no metal, Ice and Water Shield under, required when low slope roof meets steeper roof
- c. Open Valleys with preform Metal
- a. 750 Vents – Small 12in vent exhaust attic air or other small non heated ventilation
- b. Turbine Vent – Whirly Bird brand attic exhaust vents, typically 12in diameter ventilation in roof and uses wind to turn turbine on top of duct to pull out air from attic, which positioned at the top of the roof pulls hot air out. Has a damper to close in winter if you choose to
- c. Electric Fans- Larger Round attic exhaust fan with 112v electrical wire and humidistat controlled to blow out hot air at temp setting
- d. Solar Power Exhaust Fan – Same concept as electrical fan, except powered by solar panel on top, and carries 25 year warranty, BEST product, longest warranty and works when it needs to because of temperature settings with powerful powered fan and doesn’t take up much room